Friday, January 29, 2010

Look Dude...I'm Not A Morning Person...

...even if my morning is at one o'clock in the afternoon.

Fettuccine Alfredo is what I'm having for breakfast. Mom made some last night (with chicken) and I'm totally in love. Then again, anything you can add a big gob of cheese to to make it even better is almost always wins points with me!

And just because I say I'm not a morning person, doesn't mean I don't want to talk to you in the morning, just don't expect me to remain in a good mood when the first thing you really do is go on a wild haired tangent about getting laid off which you knew you were going to anyway (really, it sucks, I understand that but...) for the first ten minutes of our conversation and then pick on me about the way I'm speaking or that I saw things wrong. Let's see, I only told you that I had been asleep for five hours a good three times, and every time you asked me a question about something or wanted my input NOT only did you NOT let me finish what I was saying before you interrupted you also went off on some random story of your own NOT commenting on what I had said at all and generally acting like I hadn't said anything at all.

So! If you're wondering why I haven't been talking to you except to say the usual one syllable words or an occasional "uh-huh" or "oh yeah?", it's because you talk over me, don't listen because you're too busy thinking about what you're going to say next or just in general don't give me a real chance to say anything!

Now do you understand why I'm not as enthusiastic as you when you talk about how "great our future is going to be"? Because I, currently, can't get past how completely and utterly self absorbed you are!

If it was just what was happening around you, right now, and what happened with your Mom that caused you to be this way, I'd be a hell of a lot more understanding. But considering for the past seven months, it continuously gets worse, I'm sorry that this is bad timing but I think I'm coming to the end of my rope for tolerating it!

So be a grown up, reflect on your actions, and consider my feelings on the situation, because as much as I'm sure I seem like a cold hearted bitch, I really do feel things, I swear.

Of course what sucks is the extreme guilt that comes after typing all of that because I feel like I shouldn't complain with the situation you're in, but I also think that I'd let you use that excuse for the rest of your life or let people use it for you to weasel out of being a grown-up, or just a decent listener in general.

Urgh, okay. Stopping now. There is my rant that I've been burning the ears off of a good friend with and now just finally got it completely off of my chest.

If/when you read this, keep in mind that this has been bottled up for a good while, so forgive the harshness of it and just read and understand the real meanings behind it. Please. Don't make me explain things again and don't focus on the wrong parts.

Read it a million times if you have to, and use a dictionary for the big words.

Okay...done being snarky now.

Going to finish my breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment