Monday, December 21, 2009

Coughs, Books, and Cream Puffs...Oh my.

I decided when I woke up this morning (after passing out on Smokey once again, for the millionth time this year) that I was going to take a book to work with me.

So after I got out of the shower, I was looking through my books (having only two new ones that I haven't read and didn't want to take to work because I don't want them to get ruined) and couldn't decide which I wanted to throw myself into. So what did I pick? Naked in Death, the first book to the In Death series by J.D. Robb aka; Nora Roberts. It was of course as wonderful as it was the first time I wrote it there was just one problem; Roarke.

How is that gorgeous, fine as hell, sexy, masculine, temper having, pushy, slightly Irish lilted man a problem you ask?

Because he's not real! And that's what I want!! If any writer in the world nailed down my perfect man, it was Nora Roberts with the more than dashing Roarke.

I read the whole book while I was there and I think I'm going to start on the next book tonight. Can't get enough of him...

So I come home from working looking forward to having white chicken chili for dindin since I didn't get any yesterday because I worked so late and didn't feel like driving home in the sleet and of course, there was less than a half a cup left in the container. I mean really? Wtf. So I shrug it off and think that I'll have one of MY croissants (there weresix big ones by the way) with the little bit of chili and make a meal out of it. I round the corner and OF COURSE they're all gone.

Fuck it. I say. And grab a box of frozen cream puffs and march up stairs. I'll just eat this for dinner since you fuckers don't know how to be considerate at all! And by you I totally mean my father who stood behind me for a good ten minutes to see if he wanted what I was thinking about having to eat. But I didn't have anything good, because you ATE IT ALL! Fucker...

So here I sit, waiting for them to thaw and wishing that I didn't bite into that frozen one because my teeth are making me cringe now.

I plan on writing tomorrow and the next day while I'm off, as well as wrapping my mothers' presents and picking up Dad's other present (even though he CONSTANTLY eats my food so he doesn't deserve anything). I plan on working on Nameless book thingy, doubtfully TDBLAD because I'm still a bit burnt out on it (Hey...it's 1/3 the way done! I'm not doing so bad) and working on Hakushin because I have great ideas...and no will to write.

Sigh.

My nostrils are running, probably from that weird ass cold that's be plaguing me with weird feelings of sickness and that just now decided to show itself in the form of a runny nostril and a chest rattling cough of doom. At least I think that means it's on its way out...

Speaking of being on its way out...I'm away, laughing on a fast camel.

No comments:

Post a Comment